NOTICE OF REGULAR BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONER MEETINGS
DURING COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY
Columbia County Board of County Commissioners will return to conducting meetings of the Board in person. Governor Desantis’ “Phase I: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery” provides for twenty-five percent occupancy and continued proper social distancing.
While the public is legally permitted to attend meetings in person, if you do not wish to address the Board, you are encouraged to view meetings online by visiting this link at the time of or during any meeting:
https://www.columbiacountyfla.com/watch/ or visit the county's youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAtMzvK306flC7dEPhAJjQ?view_as=subscriber
Anyone wishing to address the Board must attend the meeting in person.
If you attend any meeting in-person:
- You should not enter the School Board Administrative Complex if you feel ill, have reason to believe you have been exposed to someone who is or might be ill, or have health concerns that make you more susceptible to succumb to the virus.
- The chair will require that all parties maintain an appropriate distance of not less than 6 feet at all times from every other person inside the meeting room.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth at all times.
- Cover any cough or sneeze with a tissue or your bent elbow. Do not cough or sneeze into the air or into your hands.
Pursuant to Florida Statutes section 286.0105,any person wishing to appeal any decision made by a board, agency, or commission with respect to any matter considered at a meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings. For such purpose, any person wishing to appeal will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”),should any person with a disability as defined by the ADA need a special accommodation to attend or participate in any meeting, then that person should contact the Columbia County ADA Coordinator at (386) 758-1006 no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the meeting time. Pursuant to Florida Statutes section 286.26, the chairperson will provide for such accommodation.