is now taking applications.
Check to see if your address qualifies within the City of Lake City Limits
This application addresses emergency repairs that, if unaddressed, hinder a senior (age 62 and older), veteran, or handicapped citizen's ability to live safely in their home.
An example of these free repairs would be:
- Roof replacement or repair
- Septic system repair or replacement
- Well repair or replacement
- Public utility system connection
- Electrical issues
- Plumbing issues
- Accessibility modificatlons necessary for safety/quality of life (ramps, shower/ toilet modifications, etc.)
- HVAC (Heating and Air) system installation, repair or replacement.
- Structural issues
- Others not listed...specify in application
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be 62 years of age or older, a veteran, or handicapped.
- Be a citizen living within the City of Lake City limits.
- Own and live in the home with property taxes current
- Plan to remain in home for at least 5 years
- Meet the household Income guidelines in the table below (generally HUD 50%and FED 150%)
- Provide a copy of Drivers License or State Identification
- Provide a copy of Property Deed - obtainable from Columbia County Property Appraiser (floridapa.com). After locating the property, click on "Book/Page" to get a copy.
- Provide a copy of Social Security Cards for all household member(s)
- Provide Proof of Property Taxes Paid from Home – Columbia County Tax Collector (columbiataxcollector.com)
- Provide Proof of income. Examples of income proof are:
- 1099 form for year 2021
- Notorized Copy of Application Affidavit
* This program is funded through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) and elibility is dependent on US Treasury regulations.
|Household Size||Very Low Income
(30% to 50% of AMI)
(51% to 80% AMI)
|1||*Up to - $20,600||Up to - $32,900|
|2||*Up to - $23,550||Up to - $37,600|
|3||*Up to - $26,500||Up to - $42,300|
|4||*Up to - $29,400||Up to - $47,000|
|5||*Up to - $31,800||Up to - $50,800|
|6||*Up to - $34,150||Up to - $54,550|
|7||*Up to - $36,500||Up to - $58,300|
|8 or more||*Up to - $38,850||Up to - $62,050|